At Sage, we use a variety of diagnostic tools to assess the health of our patients. Below are just a few:
1. Saliva Hormone Testing: Used to assess the availability and balance of active hormones (estrogen, progesterone, cortical, DHEA, and testosterone) in the body. Male and Female Panels are available. Read more about these tests here
2. Urinary Thyroid Test: A more accurate alternative to blood testing for the assessment of thyroid function. Read more about this test here
3. Food Allergy/Sensitivity Testing: A blood test or finger prick test used to assess sensitivities to hundreds of different foods. Different food panels are available depending on individual patient needs. See the options here.
4. Adrenal Function Panel: Used to assess cortisol levels throughout the day and the body’s ability to cope with stress. Click here for more information.
5. Bowel tests including leaky gut and parasite testing. A variety of different tests are available including the Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis, and several others Used to assess the health of the gastrointestinal tract and identify any parasites that may be present.
6. Hair Analysis: Assesses any on-going exposure to toxic minerals like lead and mercury in the body. Click here for more information.
7. Urine Toxic Elements: Assesses the levels of toxic elements or “body burden” of metals like lead and mercury in the body. More information is available here.
8. Blood-work: Conventional blood-work like cholesterol, blood sugar, thyroid and iron.
9. SIBO test: Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth is a condition that can lead to gastrointestinal symptoms including gas, bloating, nausea, constipation, diarrhea and is associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. This breath test measures hydrogen and methane and helps to diagnose SIBO.
10. Urine Analysis: Used to assess how well the body is digesting food, assess stress levels as well as vitamin C and calcium levels.
11. Igenix Lyme Test: More and more ticks are infected with Lyme and more and more people are affected by this disabling disease. The Igenix Lyme Test is one of the most advanced tests available to help diagnose this condition.
12. Dutch Test: A comprehensive dried urine test that measures estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA, cortisol and melatonin. It provides an in depth look at hormonal balance and adrenal status. Click here for more information.