Trying to increase healthy fats in your diet. This recipe offers 37% of your daily recommended fat intake, most of which is omega-3 fatty acids from the salmon and omega-9 fatty acids from the olive oil.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice (dry, uncooked)
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 10 ozs Salmon Fillet
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 1/4 cup Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cook the brown rice according to the directions on the package.
- About 15 minutes before the rice is done cooking, heat half the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the salmon, tomatoes, and salt. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes each side, or until fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the capers, parsley, vinegar and remaining olive oil. Mix well.
- Divide brown rice onto plates and top with salmon and salsa verde. Enjoy!
- No Brown Rice – Use basmati rice, jasmine rice, quinoa, couscous or cauliflower rice.
- Leftovers – Keeps well in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- No Capers – Use olives instead.