This month, we are sharing a gut-friendly grain-free recipe which provides anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats and turmeric, lean protein and valuable phytonutrients. It is also a great meal prepping recipe. After cooking, divide it into single serving containers and refrigerate for grab-n-go meals.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 2 Carrot (medium)
- 1/2 head Cauliflower
- 3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided three ways)
- 8 ozs Chicken Breast
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Turmeric (powder)
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (191ºC) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and slice carrots into sticks. Wash and chop cauliflower into florets.
- Brush chicken breast with 1/3 of the olive oil. Season with thyme and sea salt. Place on the baking sheet.
- Toss carrot sticks in 1/3 of the olive oil. Place on the baking sheet next to chicken.
- Toss cauliflower with the remaining olive oil and turmeric. Mix until cauliflower is evenly yellow then transfer to the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken breast is cooked through.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and divide onto plates. Add more salt to taste if desired. Enjoy!
- To make it low FODMAP-friendly, use zucchini instead of cauliflower.
Marianna Duba, M.Sc.
Registered Holistic Nutritionist
Sage Naturopathic Clinic