Need something quick and easy to snack on when at home or when you are on the go? Try these delicious date balls. They are a great snack to have on hand when you are feeling hungry and need something healthy to sustain you.
Double Chocolate Mint Energy Balls
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 cup (6 pitted) Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup Almonds (raw)
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder + extra for coating
- 1 tbsp Cacao Nibs
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1 tbsp Water
- Add the dates, almonds, cacao powder, cacao nibs, sea salt and peppermint extract to the bowl of a food processor. While the food processor is running stream in the water. Run the food processor until the date mixture forms a ball.
- Form the mixture into small balls with your hands!
- Roll in cacao powder and enjoy!
- No Almonds – Use raw cashews instead.
- Serving Size – One serving is equal to two balls.
- Storage – Store in the fridge up to five days, or in the freezer for up to three months.
Cinnamon Ginger Energy Balls
INGREDIENTS (for 12 servings):
- 3/4 cup (9 pitted) Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup Almonds (Raw)
- 1/4 cup Cashews (Raw)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Add the dates, almonds, cashews, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla and sea salt to a food processor and blend until well mixed and sticky.
- Transfer to a medium-size mixing bowl. Form into even balls with your hands and store in the fridge or freezer until ready to enjoy.
- Serving Size – One serving is equal to one ball.
- Leftovers – Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to one week. Store in the freezer for longer.
Marianna Duba, M.Sc.
Registered Holistic Nutritionist
Sage Naturopathic Clinic